Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Me..at a Sade Concert??

I have a confession to make and I know that I am in a safe space here to admit it (actually online is probably the unsafest place considering all this cyber bullying nonsense I have to read about).

Anyway I digress. I went to a Sade concert. Yes, yes, I know. The most activity I was expecting at a Sade concert was perhaps discussing the tasting notes from the finest Pinot Gris with the person sat very properly beside me. I went with no illusion that I would be crowd surfing at any time. I guess what I am trying to say is that I like Sade but wouldn't say I am a massive fan. I have the greatest hits CD of hers and still think she looks fab considering she is around the same age as Madonna and with none of the visible plastic injected into her skin.

So I may not have crowd surfed or even got up to bust a move but what I did do was drop my jaw a number of times at the extraordinary vocal ability of this woman. I had placed her into the "Marlboro lights" category of vocals - you know what I mean, the husky tones that can only be achieved from a pack a day. So I was amazingly surprised when Sade could belt it like the best of them (if not better) and hit some really HIGH notes. I was very, very impressed.

Just as a side note to all of this. I really dig the way that Sade hasn't followed any fashion trends or tried to keep up with the kids. Sade is her own category and for that I applaud her. I have added my favourite Sade song – No Ordinary Love. It would be remiss of me if I didn’t add the live version of Jezabel for a special someone who loves this song.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by my page.
Have any thoughts?
Let me know.