Friday, October 16, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Love Karl Lagerfeld

I find Karl Lagerfeld (uber famous fashion designer that reinvented Chanel) very intriguing.


I have a soft spot for people who are completely and utterly UN PC.
Sure he is a bit of a douche but truly doesn't that come with the territory of the fashion world? A high opinion of oneself and distain for the minions?
Even though I may not agree with everything he says, I respect someone who just spits the truth as they see it. Uncle Karl is forever getting in trouble with animal rights activists for his use of fur (unashamedly), and curvy women.

Just out of interest I had a look at his Twitter page and I really don't think it is his publicist writing it for him.
It is pure Uncle Karl.

So taken off his twitter page here are 10 reasons why I love Karl Lagerfeld:
1. Florals are for middle-aged women with weight problems.
2. Believe it or not, I love rap.
3. Nothing scares me more than people with some doll collection. As a child, I never played with anything like toys. I wanted to be a grown-up.
4. A respectable appearance is sufficient to make people more interested in your soul.
5. I'm open to everything. When you start to criticize the times you live in, your time is over.
6. Don't look to the approval of others for your mental stability.
7. Forgiveness is too easy. I can forget by indifference, but not forgive. I prefer revenge.
8. I hate the word “avant-garde.” It was used, overused, and often used for useless things. So I do not use that word any longer.
9. Loving someone is fine, but they have to love you back or it doesn’t work.
10.I think I'm going to have a dinner party where no one speaks. I'll give all my guests pens and pads instead of the usual dinner conversation

1 comment:

  1. He is just so ridiculous it's like he's from another world! I am crazy about him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by my page.
Have any thoughts?
Let me know.