Friday, November 6, 2009

Romeo Void

Today I am featuring two tracks from the 80's San Franciscan, New Wave band Romeo Void.

I can't say I know a lot about Romeo Void other than they were more popular within the college scene at the time and that Ric Ocasek  from the Cars co produced their EP.

The track "Never say never" is probably best known for the chorus "I might like you better if we slept together" and for featuring in the movie "Reckless" with Daryl Hannah and Aiden Quinn. Not long ago I heard (once again) a dreadful dance remake of this very good song.

The track "A Girl in trouble (is a temporary thing) was apparentlty written by lead singer Deborah Lyall as an answer song to Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. A reader on You Tube is of the opinion that this track is about abortion: "Both songs are about the devastation of unplanned pregnancy, one from a male viewpoint, one from a female viewpoint." Interesting. I'm not sure if that is correct or not but it makes for a good theory.

Never Say Never


A Girl in Trouble (is a temporary thing)

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I don't recognise them at all from the uk scene in the 80s. Maybe they were just big in america?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by my page.
Have any thoughts?
Let me know.