Thursday, December 17, 2009

Röyksopp - What Else is There

Only a few days ago I was thinking about my favourite songs from the last five years and I can tell you the list was on the thin side. Not so much that I don't enjoy the music that is currently out there. More that they have to stand the test of time and a million plays on my mp3 before I give them props.

Today's track is an absolute stand out and in my opinion one of the best tracks in a long time. Röyksopp are a Norwegian electro band borrowing The Knife's lead singer Karin Andersson for the lead vocals. Karin Andersson only makes a brief cameo in the clip. The rest of the time it is model Marianne Schröder. This track is haunting and atmospheric which is complimented by an equally intriguing video clip.

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for your sweet comment!
    you are so right, its actually hard to think of my top songs of the past few years. and since everyone is doing their top things of the noughties(god i hate that word!) lists, its even harder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by my page.
Have any thoughts?
Let me know.