Monday, June 22, 2009

The Rainbow Connection

Last night I was reading a magazine when I saw an artwork entitled "The Lovers, the Dreamers and Me".
Of course I got really excited that someone named their artwork after a line in "The Rainbow Connection".

I LOVED the Muppets as a kid. I especially liked it when Elton John was guest star and also Mark Hamill because at the time I was in love with Luke Skywalker.

When I first saw this clip of "The Rainbow Connection" my sister gladly informed me that Kermie wasn't real. I spent the next 15 minutes in tears.
I don't think I reacted that badly to finding out Santa wasn't real!!

One of the writers of this song, Paul Williams, has written for various acts including the Carpenters up to the Scissors Sisters.

This song has also been covered A LOT. Some names who have covered this include Sarah McLachlan, Kenny Loggins, The Dixie Chicks, Justin Timberlake, The Carpenters, Jason Mraz, The Pussycat Dolls, The Dresden Dolls, and Willie Nelson. It was sung by Debbie Harry in a duet with Kermit on the Muppet Show in 1981 (Season 5).

Given all these names that have covered this song, I much prefer watching Kermie on his lily pad with his little banjo singing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by my page.
Have any thoughts?
Let me know.