Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cloudbusting Utah Saints


Today's double shot retro rewind is inspired by Sydney's weather. The skies are just aching to burst. When I was driving in to work today the song 'Cloudbusting" by Kate Bush randomly played on my mp3 and I thought it was quite fitting.

Cloudbusting was released in October 1985.

This is what Wikipedia had to say about the track:
"
The song is a look at a special relationship between a boy and his Father. It describes psychologist Wilhelm Reich's arrest and imprisonment through the eyes of his son, Peter, who wrote his father's story in "A book of dreams", published in 1973, on which the song is based. Wilhelm Reich is the inventor of the cloud buster, which looks very much like the machine that is pictured on the cover of the single."
You can watch the full video clip here



Did you notice the cameo by Donald Sutherland and Kate Bush playing his son? I thought that was kinda cool.

The second clip on this double shot rewind day is "Something Good" by Utah Saints (no I haven't heard of them since either). They sample Cloudbusting in this track...mashing it up.

Take a look at it here and listen for Kate to make her appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by my page.
Have any thoughts?
Let me know.